The mainstay of the ASF Winter Program is alpine skiing. Our students check in for their lesson, are fitted for their equipment, and meet their instructor right here in the Adaptive Sports Center. The slopes of Windham Mountain are easily accessed just out the door of the Center. People with cognitive or physical disabilities who are five years or older can participate.
2012-13 ASF Winter Program
The Adaptive Sports Foundation offers weekend ski and snowboard lessons from December 8th to December 23rd. Beginning December 26th, lessons are offered five days a week, Wednesday through Sunday. Lessons will also be offered for Holiday periods on Monday and Tuesday the 31st and 1st of December/January, Monday January 21st, and Monday and Tuesday February 18th and 19th.
Daily Session Times*
10:00 am-12:00 pm
1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Lessons can be reserved on a full-day or half-day basis.
*All lessons begin and end at the Adaptive Sports Center. Lesson check in, ski/snowboard rentals and adaptive equipment fitting will all take place at the Center. Full day lessons have a one hour lunch break, between 12:00 and 1:00 pm. Lunch is not provided.
Advance Reservations Required
Due to high demand for lessons and our desire to make our program available to as many people as possible, advance reservations are a MUST. Please realize the number of students we can accommodate relates directly to the number of volunteer instructors we have on any given day.
How to Make a Reservation
Individual reservations may be made no earlier than one calendar month prior to the date of a lesson except for holiday reservations.**
Step 1: Submit a Participant Registration Form.
Please note, an updated form is required each season.
Participant Registration Forms MUST be received prior to securing a reservation.
Step 2: Call 518.734.5070 to make a reservation.
We are unable to accept reservations by fax or email.
- Phones open for reservations at 9:00 am. Weekend lessons usually fill up within the first half hour the phones are open.
- You can book both Saturday and Sunday one month prior to the Saturday date. For example, if you’d like to make a reservation for the weekend of December 8th, we will begin taking reservations for the weekend at 9:00 am November 8th.
- If you wish to make a reservation on a Sunday only, be sure to call one month in advance of the Saturday date, because we allow people to book both weekend days together. For example, if you’d like to make a reservation for Sunday, February 10th, you should call on Thursday, January 10th at 9:00 am.
**Holidays have special reservation procedures
Wednesday, November 7th: Reservations will be accepted for Christmas week
(December 26th-January 2nd)
Wednesday, November 14th: Reservations will be accepted for Martin Luther King weekend
Wednesday, November 21st: Reservations will be accepted for Presidents’ week
Group Reservations: Groups affiliated with rehabilitation or residential programs, please call for parameters, reservation procedures and cost.
Bi Ski Reservations: Bi ski lessons, for non-ambulatory participants, are offered daily on a limited basis.
Individual Program Fees
- Half-day lesson: $65
- Full-day lesson: $100.
- Price includes: lift ticket, rental equipment, adaptive equipment and private instruction. (lunch is not included.)
- We accept cash, personal checks with proper ID, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
A $25 non-refundable booking fee will be charged for each reservation day confirmed. This will be deducted from your lesson cost when you arrive for your scheduled lesson. If you need to cancel your lesson, please give us as much advance notice as possible. If you do not call to cancel, you will be charged the full amount of the lesson.
On any day the Program Director or Manager on Duty has the right to cancel any lesson if, in their opinion, the weather or the student’s present condition would create an unreasonable risk.