Paul R Carey ski-a-thonFriday, February 1, 2019 or Saturday, February 2, 2019
Windham Mountain, Windham, New York
Ski or ride all day for free and help out a great cause at the same time! By participating in the ASF’s Paul R Carey Ski A Thon, you can raise money to help individuals with disabilities have access to the slopes.
This is event is great for:
- Teenagers who need community service for school
- Individuals that want to take a day to ski or ride with a greater purpose
- Co-workers that want a day out of the office to give back to their community
- Click here to create your own online fundraising page
- Start raising money by sending your personal fundraising link to all your friends, family, co- workers, and posting your link on social media.
- Show up at the Adaptive Sports Foundation and hit the slopes
Day of Event Info
Register in the morning beginning at 8 am at the Adaptive Sports Center, ski or ride all day to earn funds from your sponsors and join us back at ASF for a reception.
About Paul Robert Carey
Paul Robert Carey, beloved seventh son of the late New York Governor Hugh L. Carey and Helen Owen Carey was a volunteer ski instructor with the ASF in the early 1990’s. Carey went on to serve as special assistant to President Clinton for Legislative Affairs and also as the 77th Commissioner of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Former President Clinton spoke of Paul’s “Shining Spirit” which will live on forever. Paul achieved many of his greatest accomplishments in public service while battling cancer and he found great strength in helping others with special needs. After Paul lost his courageous battle with cancer, his family established the Paul R Carey Ski a Thon at the ASF to keep Paul’s spirit alive at the ASF and Windham Mountain where Paul spent many winters in his young adult life skiing and teaching skiing to people with special needs.
Kevin O’Connor, Ski-A-Thon Chairperson